Tena koutou, tena koutou, tena koutou katoa
We would like to welcome you to Auckland for the NZ Regional ANZICS Annual Scientific Meeting, to be held from Wednesday 3 to Friday 5 April 2019 at the Spencer on Byron Hotel in Takapuna, Auckland.
Our meeting theme, “Past Forward your ICU !” is intended to reflect the importance of both tradition and looking into future developments which will affect the way we practice our profession :
- Technological - the advent of the hospital electronic medical record in NZ. Presenters include Professor Johanna Westbrook, Director of the Centre for Health Systems and Safety Research, Australian Institute of Health Innovation
- Organisational - ICU physical and organisational design. Presenters from ICUs which have recently expanded
- Therapeutics - eg Cannabinoids, presenter Professor Michelle Glass
- Cultural - Improving Maori patients’ paths into and through ICU. Presenters include Professor Hine Elder, youth forensic psychiatrist and researcher of indigenous health
- Individual - Retirement, presenters include Mary Holm, New Zealand’s most widely read investment journalist.
To make sure that you stay in tip top condition, Box-Fit and Kick-Fit sessions will be provided on Wednesday and Thursday mornings.
At Wednesday evening’s welcome reception, we will have a wine tasting competition – we expect each ICU to provide teams (or they will be chosen) !
The conference dinner on Thursday night will be held at The Wharf at Northcote Point, which has stunning views of the Auckland Harbour. Te Radar, New Zealand comedian and TV personality will give us his philosophy of life and the sustainable ICU. Phil Madsen is providing the music for our conference dinner – he is a NZ singer/ songwriter, known for his impressive vocal range and performances both locally and overseas.
We look forward to seeing you !
NZ Regional ANZICS ASM Organising Committee 2019
Conference Management Committee
Call for Abstracts Opens:
Monday 27 August 2018
Monday 24 September 2018
Call for Abstracts Closes:
Monday 11 February 2019
Wednesday 20 February 2019
Close of Early Registration:
Monday 25 February 2019
3-5 April 2019